HRSA Medicare Telehealth Payment Eligibility Analyzer
Click the HRSA logo above to check if an address is eligible for Medicare telehealth originating site* payment.
Authorized originating sites which meet the following criteria shall be designated as eligible for Medicare telehealth payment:
- Analysis indicates that the address does not fall in a metropolitan statistical area OR
- If address falls in a metropolitan statistical area, then the address must be in a rural area and be in a geographic Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
How often is it covered?
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers certain services, like office visits and consultations, that are provided:
- Using an interactive 2-way telecommunications system (with real-time audio and video)
- By a doctor or certain other health care provider who isn’t at your location.
If you live in some rural areas, these services are covered under certain conditions and only if you're located at one of these places:
- A doctor's office
- A hospital
- A critical access hospital (cah)
- A rural health clinic
- A federally qualified health center
- A hospital-based or critical access hospital-based dialysis facility
- A skilled nursing facility
- A community mental health center
All people with Part B are covered.
Your costs in Original Medicare
To find out how much your specific test, item, or service will cost, talk to your doctor or other health care provider. The specific amount you’ll owe may depend on several things, like:
- Other insurance you may have
- How much your doctor charges
- Whether your doctor accepts assignment
- The type of facility
- The location where you get your test, item, or service